Saturday 8 March 2014

Racing Pigeon Feed - Fun Facts About Food


Usually when I talk about racing pigeon feed, I go on about the mixtures that are important in the different seasons of pigeon racing. But today I want to talk more individual foods that help pigeons health, and their racing abilities. Peanuts are great to put into your racing pigeon feed, especially during racing season. If your pigeons race long distances, peanuts are even more effective for that. But you must remember that peanuts must be the natural ones, not salted or flavoured. Peanuts contain a good amount of carbohydrates, and proper fats to store energy. For long distance racing this comes in handy, because with the stored energy, your pigeon can race much longer, and at a fast rate. This food blew me away. To be truthful, I thought it was a joke when I first heard about it. So I did my due diligence and did some research. It seems that this little fact was true so I tried it with my racing pigeons. And guess what it is true. Garlic is actually really good for your pigeons health. I know garlic right! Who knew? But if you actually stop to think about it, garlic is a healthy food for us humans, it helps stop blood from clotting, and can have a temporarily antibiotic effect in our digestive tract. For racing pigeons it can have the same effect. It also acts as a blood purifier, removing toxins from their blood. There is a proper way to serve garlic to your pigeons. You can buy garlic in liquid form, but sometimes that isn't the best option because the way it is processed into a liquid can eliminate the live enzymes and nutrients that make the garlic useful to us and our racing pigeons. It depends on the company that produces it. But I can say that the best way that I have found and read about is taking garlic cloves, crushing them, and then adding it directly into the drinking water of the pigeons. No boiling is necessary. This is something you can do to help improve the health of your pigeon. Well there you have it. Two great foods that you can use into your racing pigeon feed. One for increased energy in racing, which hopefully will result in more races being won. And one for improved health, which is a hidden gem. Try them out and let me now what results you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment